Monday, October 26, 2009

A VERY simple thing you can do to reduce your footprint!


I just experienced the Alchemy Conference in Los Angeles and it was so powerful! I have transformed many time over in just three days and way too much to blog about here. What I want to share now is one simple, practical thing I thought of that we can all do to begin to change one of the habits that causes so much waste and pollution in our environment. Throughout the day how many of us use “disposable” cups, plastic ware, grocery bags and take out containers? I have been mostly good about using reusable bags for my groceries, but I am guilty of getting a regular Starbucks drink and taking my food home in (yikes) Styrofoam take-out containers. What if, instead of just following the insanity of disposables simply because that's "the way it is", on our daily travels we carried a little bag with the following things:


Travel Mug

A silverware(or bamboo ware) set

Plenty of cloth grocery bags

Snacks and/or a lunch

A small set of Tupperware


I know it seems like a lot, but it really is only a small bag and just think of all the trash you would take out of the cycle!! Our disposable habit must shift to make a real difference in the world and no new habit is easy or even comfortable at first. However it is shown that if you can successfully repeat any action for 30 days it will become a habit and be as natural as brushing you teeth in the morning. SO what do you say? Are you in? Simply cut and paste the text below and place it in TWO places, one by your front door, and one by your bathroom mirror (so you don’t have the excuse of only seeing the reminder on you way out the door and not having time to get your kit together).


I am so excited to commit to this new habit!! Please share your experience with me as we all endeavor to take better care of our Home Planet!


Much love and inspiration,

Anah aka Hoopalicious


Remember and Rejoice!!

Do you have your travel mug?

Do you have your cloth grocery bags?

Do you have a fork, spoon and a knife?

Do you have snacks and/or a lunch?

Do you have your Tupperware?


3 comments:

  1. What would happen if I ordered a salad from a cool organic restaurant but didn't have time to eat it there? Couldn't I just hand them my clean bowl from my car and ask that they fill it with salad? I'm excited to try. Can't wait to see the reaction from the restaurant staff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog post, Anah! One person's trash can add up fast, imagine if 3, 6, 12, 20 people did this regularly what kind of a positive impact that would make. :-)) I also concur with Mammalicious - I can't wait to see the reactions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Anah! Thanks for sharing such a great idea. This really is an easy way to make a big difference! xoxo Rayna

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Thank you for spending your precious time and generously contributing to my experience by sharing yours!
xo Hoopalicious